Restoration work can often be challenging due to the fact that you are trying to restore an environment back to its preexisting habitat after it has been severely impacted due to weather and human conditions. The opportunities for being able to perform environmental restoration work are rewarding. McCullough Construction views habitat restoration as an "art" and we have a highly experienced work force that ensures work completed is of the highest quality of sustainability by following sound ecological forest restoration principles.
McCullough Construction has become known in the habitat restoration industry for quality, experience, and the ability to stay within budget.
Restoration on private land requires outreach to landowners to ensure they are provided with the information about the ecological importance of their lands within the context of the larger landscape. McCullough Construction's personal touch and connection to the community encourages cooperation with government agencies.
McCullough Construction's fleet includes specialized equipment to meet a variety of requirements for wetland restoration projects. Our restoration projects include large scale excavation, replacing stream crossings and drain structures to decease erosion and sedimentation, installing large wood debris, and dewatering channels.
We specialize in removing existing soil, reconstituting saturated soil and replacing soil, dewatering, erosion control, sediment saving measures, rip/rap, and creating fish habitat.
Examples of our restoration projects include:
- Del Norte County Airport On-Site Mitigation- Border Coast Regional Airport Authority- 2015
- Bay Meadows and Pacific Shores Wetland Mitigation Project- Border Coast Regional Airport Authority- 2015/2016
- Graham Bar- Green Diamond Resource Company- 2015
- Nickerson Creek- PCFWWRA, Elk Valley Rancheria- 2015
- Strawberry Creek Restoration Project - US Fish and Game, and Redwood National Park - 2014
- Luffenholtz Source Water Protection Project - City of Trinidad and Green Diamond Resource Company - 2013-2014
- Salt River Ecosystem Restoration Project - Humboldt County Resource Conservation District - 2013
- Wilson Creek Restoration Project - Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife, and Wetlands Association AND Green Diamond Resource Company - 2014
- Lacks Creek -Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife and Wetlands Restoration Association - 2009-2012
- Rock Port - Pacific Watershed Associates - 2012
- Mad River Wetland Restoration Project- Pacific Watershed Associates - 2012
- Timber Harvest and Fisheries Restoration Project- Yurok Tribe - 2012 and 2014
- Paradise Ridge Hazardous Fuel Reduction Project - Bureau of Land Management - 2012
- King Range Hazardous Fuel Reduction Project - Bureau of Land Management - 2012
- North Pass Fire Rehabilitation - United States Forest Service - 2012
- King Range/Bear Wallow Hazardous Fuel Reduction Project - Bureau of Land Management - 2011
- Wilson Creek- Green Diamond and Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife and Wetlands Restoration Association - 2010
- Vincent Creek - Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife and Wetlands Restoration Association - 2010
- Redwood Creek Sediment Control Project- Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife and Wetlands Restoration Association - 2010
- Rocky Gulch Stream Enhancement Project - Green Diamond - 2008
- Head Waters Forest Restoration Project - PALCO - 2008
- Whales Gulch Bridge and Fish Passage upgrade - Mattole Restoration and Pacific Coast Watershed Association - 2005-2006
- Campbell Timber Project- 2003-2006
- Forest / Wetland Restoration Project - Sanctuary Forest 2002-2003